Monday, March 29, 2010

bow tie beef skillet

This was a hit with the guys- they ate it all up even when I doubled the recipe!

1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups uncooked pasta , bow tie- or I used mafalda noodles
1 can (14 1/2 oz)diced tomatoes- drained
1 1/3 cup beef broth
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce - *
1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
3 medium yellow summer squash thinly sliced (optional - I didn't use it!!)
3/4 cup chopped green peppers
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided

in large skillet cook beef over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in the pasta, tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce & Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add squash and green pepper. Cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese- cook another 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top to serve....

*NOTES: This is quite tastier then it sounds. I used mozzarella on top when severed;I didn't have tomato sauce and used spaghetti sauce(with garlic and onion) instead. Also I mixed some mozzarella with the parmesan into the "sauce". I had to double the recipe to feed four of us~ the guys are big eaters ;).

* yield 5 servings.

No comments: