Friday, February 20, 2009

Classic baked Mostaccioli/Ziti -EZ

Classic baked Mostaccioli/Ziti -EZ
Ingredients
1lb ground beef
4 cup mostaccioli- cooked and drained
(I've used ziti.. penne or rigatoni would work too)
1-3/4 lbs spaghetti sauce. (I've used jar sauce was 1lb 10oz)
3/4 cup grated Romano cheese Divided into 1/2 c and 1/4c
(I used the grated cheese mix of parmesean and romano)
8oz package shredded mozzarella cheese

* whenever I brown meat, I added onion powder and some garlic-maybe about a tablespoon total of both, sometimes I add chopped onions and fresh chopped garlic..not alot, dash of pepper and some salt gives the meat more flavor
Procedure
Preaheat oven to 375 degrees F. * Brown meat in large skillet;drain. Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup of the romano cheese. mix - spooin into 13"x 9" inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup romano cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments: